Happy Friday and welcome to #FocusFriday on this edition of #ThatBusinessShow! We realize of all the days in the week to focus, that Friday is probably the most difficult but Focus and Friday fit well phonetically! This segment had Angie Lusk, Chief Strategist of Focus on You Strategy in the co-Host seat as Juliann Nichols, CEO, was unable to be with us due to a loss in her family and our thoughts / prayers are with her and her family.
Jamie and Angie discussed some events and resources right around the corner and are summarized below for our listeners and readers and now you the reader!
- CEO Exchange December 22nd 11:00 am Regus First Central Tower in downtown St Pete.
- FOCUS2017 – A 3 part webinar to create action plan for the four main areas of your business: Business Relationships, Products/Services, Marketing, and the Value of Your Time.
- January 10th, 11th 12th at 8:00 am
- Focus on Entrepreneurs Conference
- April 27th and 28th
- Wyndham Grand Clearwater
- Keynote: Michael Gerber and Julie Ziglar Norman
- Tickets $289 or VIP for $450 by January 31
The remainder of the show focused on our guest Danielle Vona, Founder of the Marketing Posse. The Marketing Posse is an “outsourced marketing department” that provides strategic business planning and brand positioning, marketing solutions and talent development. Danielle’s background is uniquely positioned to bring big brand thinking to companies of all sizes and her approach uses customer insights to develop strategic business plans filtered through a strong brand position. She is also a main stage speaker at Focus on Entrepreneurs Conference and a host committee member which is tasked with vetting the speakers for the event. Her topic at the conference will focus on:
- What are you trying to achieve with your business (vision and objectives)?
- Why should someone choose your product or service over another?
- Have you created a sense of urgency that they need you now?
The discussion then turned to “planning”. With 2017 right around the corner, this is on the front of many business owner’s agendas. She identified and discussed three areas that impede planning in businesses and how to overcome them. These include:
- Difficulty in making time
- Being overwhelmed
- Consistently measuring results
Danielle shares with us how she and her team put together a plan for 2017 which includes their goal of reaching $1M in revenue in only their 2nd year in business! She elaborates on how this structure of planning extends to her clients and some of the resources she uses to help your office has its own marketing department. Danielle closes with a discussion on another critical area that business owners need to focus on in 2017 and that is development of their staff highlighting and discussing the points below:
- Communication: have you communicated a clear vision to the team? Are roles and responsibilities clear? Do they have specific objectives that are attainable, but stretch them? They have to understand what success looks like in order for them to be successful.
- Feedback: challenge them with work that is meaningful and give them feedback often. They need to hear when they are not meeting your expectations and want to celebrate when they are exceeding them. Celebrate success, even the small wins, to foster a culture of success.
- Tools and Training: are you investing in your people? Let them know that you care about their growth and that they are valuable to you by investing in the tools and training that will benefit both them and your organization. You have to set your people up for success in order for them to be successful.
Danielle has an extensive background in marketing and wants to help your business grow in 2017! Reach out to her today for a consultation at 813-326-9509 or visit www.themarketingposse.com and find the complete interview at www.youtube.com/jamiemeloni and other editions of #FocusFriday here!