#TechThursday highlights IT issues and solutions you may be having in your business and is brought to us by Nick Paras, CEO of Alpha Computing Solutions! Nick brings over 30 years of IT experience to your business and can help you from email issues to network issues and more at www.alphacomputing.com!
In today’s episode, the topic was 5 simple end the year technology tips.
- Update all Your passwords
- If 2016 taught us anything, it’s that security and data infringement threats are at an all-time high.
- Most people don’t bother to change their passwords until after they have been hacked, which beats the purpose.
- Now is the right time to change your passwords. The longer your password is, the better.
- For added security, use a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Clean up your hard drive
- Get rid of any files you no longer need.
- Not only will this step reduce the number of files you store on your computer, but it will also make finding needed files much easier.
- It will also free up your storage space.
- If you’re not sure whether you need a file or not, archive it so that you can access it at a later time, if the need arises.
- Reorganize your file structure
- Most users do not save their files in an organized way
- Invest some time creating a robust and intuitive file structure
- Doing this means you’ll spend less time in 2017 searching for documents
- Most of the time you know are there somewhere but just can’t seem to find.
- Ditch the applications you no longer use
- You may have downloaded a whole host of applications that you never use or that have since been replaced by better versions.
- Uninstall any programs you are not using to free up space and remove clutter your computer or mobile device.
- Many programs sit idly in the background robbing your system of valuable resources.
- Check that your software is up to date
- The start of the year is a great time to make sure all the applications and software programs that you use are fully up to date.
- Protecting your security by ensuring you have the latest secure versions of an app is key
- Another reason for updating your software is to help make sure you are not missing out on any great new features.
Catch this complete interview at www.youtube.com/jamieloni and other editions of #TechThursday can be found at http://www.tampabayradio.com/-TechThursday.html . Find him online at www.alphacomputing.com and phone at 813-839-7671 X 100!